Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Cross

Took my cross out yesterday morning, as I do every good friday and stood on the busiest corner in town. My daughter drove by and smiled at my friend Dave and I. The sun was out the weather was nice. Several friends stopped by to talk, Bob, Richard, Matthew, Rick and Walter just to name a few. Several people waved as they drove by and many gave us the thumbs up. Others just glared at us and still others actually gave us very negative hand gestures. But all and all it was a very profitable time.

Lord we pray for this city, we ask for mercy here and lord I know you love this city, O father draw them near.

The cross is an amazing thing.

Luke 9:23-24
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
25 "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?

Matthew 10:38
"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.




Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to Thy Cross I cling.
-Toplady


Please Pray for Afghanistan Today

1 comment:

dave said...

"a negative hand gesture"
come on, the guy having a skull and cross bone decal on his pickup enthusiastically honked his horn and gave the cross the 'bird'

jim's friend