Friday, March 10, 2006

If God is for us, who can be against us?

Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us?

If God is for us who can be against us? Is the question but the answer is obviously no one. No one can contend in anyway with our God.
The Psalmist put it like this ... The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? in Psalm 118:6. With these words in holy Scripture the people of God should be a tremendous force on the earth. Many people however shrink back from the call to go and tell people of our wonderful Lord Jesus.
Most people will not admit it, but the real reason they will not go into the highways (streets) and compel them to come to Jesus is because of FEAR.
We need to put fear aside by meditating on the scripture and what it says in these verses.

Hebrews 13:6
So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Psalm 146
1 ¶ Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2 While I live I will praise the LORD; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
3 Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish.
5 ¶ Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever,
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners.
8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.
10 The LORD shall reign forever-Your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD!
(NKJV)

With words like these we should be the most optimistic people on the planet!!!

Father God Help us to renew our minds and and cast off the fear that cripples us in our obedience to You. Help us stand up in Your strength, and in Your boldness, and proclaim Your Gospel to this lost and hurting world. Father I know that it is Your will that none perish, and that all would come to repentance. Please Lord make us workers in Your vineyard. That You would be magnified in our lives, and that with our lives we would bring glory to You.
in Jesus name Amen





No comments: